Life principles



Sitting in my home balcony garden as I was thinking what to do on this rainy Saturday, it suddenly came to my mind why not to write a blog. I had this account for a quite a long time but had never written anything! Feeling refreshed after 5 days of hectic work. There was a point in my life when I used to love writing but as life moved on and as moved to corporate rat race - forgot to write my thoughts and opinions. There is only jungle of emails where everyone is lost and so do I!

These trees in my balcony are talking to me. Look at us - we are spreading greenery and oxygen in spite of many challenges faced by us. You must understand that our roots are important for us, which keep us alive! Every tree has a different perfume and built - curry leafs, lemon grass, tulsi, rose and so on…

There are many challenges in our lives. One learning from my trees are keep your root strong! What is the root? My principles of life! Principles must not change due to the surroundings that you are in. Surroundings will change or can be changed. Keep the principles intact - one will loose way of life if principle are compromised.

But, it is difficult follow your principles - people around you will try to distract you with muscle power, money power…Then what to do? Frankly speaking, I don’t know at present. May be this is going to be purpose of life going forward.

I have been working for over 20 years in multiple organisations, many kind of people and different surroundings. There has been challenging times and now also.

One of my life principle has been ‘being ethical’ but sadly ethics has become most twisted terminology now a days. People are changing definition of ethics according to their suitability! People call each other unethical are actually both unethical - one can see it through independent eyes. Ethics is loosing its identity in this power hungry world of people! Why do think we have pollution problem, bad roads, pandemic, natural disaster - as someone or group of people didn’t follow ethical practices.

Another life principle is ‘being kind’! But, kindness is often underestimated and misunderstood. Somehow, I have been able to stick to this principle. Kindness is a habit and not one time activity. Kindness is understood and not demonstrated. Many companies do CSR activities to demonstrate their kindness but to me it is more ‘corporate branding’ than anything near to kindness for a particular section of the society.

I think that I should stop here! Wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

#tosangy


Comments

  1. Like this article as you correctly said principle is most important.But people are running behind short term benifit which forcefully adopting unethical practices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Health is Wealth

A Trip to Nandankanan Zoological Park

Mallu's Corner